This position is a full-time position which offers plenty of opportunity for remote work, with head office based in Paarl.
We are looking for a Channel Account Manager, with the right energy, competitive spirit, personal drive and track record of success in developing strong channel sales relationships with both large and smaller regional POS sales or IT solution partners. As the world emerges from the lockdowns of the Covid-19 pandemic businesses must move from legacy style Point of Sale solutions to secure and mature, cloud-based point of sales solutions that reduce the need for onsite IT servers and skills. At the same time extending the business reach to online clients. New businesses need to take the cloud route from the get-go.
As Channel Account manager, you will be responsible for implementing and executing our channel strategy for TallOrderpos.com and its products, to grow the company sales and meet and exceed our company revenue targets.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel in assigned partner accounts.
- Pro-actively identify and recruit new partners with the required skills and profile in South Africa and across Sub Saharan Africa.
- Coordinate the involvement of company personnel, including support, service, and management resources, in order to meet partner performance objectives and partners’ expectations.
- Meet assigned targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in assigned partner accounts.
- Proactively lead joint partner planning initiatives that produce mutual performance objectives, financial targets, and critical milestones associated with a productive partner relationship.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates partner needs on an ongoing basis.
- Execute sales training and provide marketing support
- Track the sales pipeline and bookings against quota and other metrics
- Assist with sales through partner organisations to end users, in coordination with partner sales resources.
- Manage potential channel conflict with other firm sales channels by fostering excellent communication internally and externally, and through strict adherence to channel rules of engagement.
- Be part of the solution development efforts that best address TallOrder’s needs, while coordinating the involvement of all necessary company and partner personnel.
- Ensures partner compliance with partner agreements.
- Drives adoption of company products among assigned partners.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required.
KEY ATTRIBUTES and requirements:
- At least 4-10 years working in channel management for a technology company preferably in IT hardware and/or software distribution, SaaS, cloud or collaboration tools.
- A strong understanding of the distribution channels for the software industry.
- Project management experience would be advantageous.
- Track record of channel sales success.
- Experience with executive level engagements and communication.
- Key Account or channel partnership management experience.
- Knowledge of Point of Sale Systems in retail or hospitality will be an advantage
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Critical thinker and problem solver
Please email your CV to email@example.com if you are interested in the position.