JUNIOR SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Full-time position based in Cape Town (V & A Waterfront or Paarl offices)
As Junior Technical Support consultant you will be the first line of contact for customers experiencing issues with installation, configuration, operation and management of TallOrder solutions products and services. You will be in in many ways, the post-sale “face of TallOrder” and must be passionate about helping our customers solve problems. As Junior Technical Support consultant you will field queries via phone and email. Queries will range in complexity from “how to” questions through involved debugging and forensic efforts when tracking down operational anomalies. The ability to visualise problems remotely is key to being successful in this role along with excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills.
You will be responsible for diagnosis and analysis of customer issues and will be expected to bring first level detailed diagnosis over from Support into Engineering. In this role you will need to be committed to customer success and be comfortable living in both the Support and Engineering environments; translating internal Engineering-speak into clear concise directions for customers and vice-versa.
You will have significant career growth and opportunity to really make an impact in a growing company.
Essential duties & responsibilities to perform this job successfully, you must be able to work at least 40 hours per week as well as be on call when it is your shift and perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide exceptional customer service while responding to phone, e-mail and online requests for technical support.
- Represent the customer to ensure serviceability and product quality issues are being tracked, prioritized, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle.
- Assist customers in the installation and integration of TallOrder Software software and services.
- Track and monitor all support cases to ensure timely resolution and follow-up.
- Clearly identify documents, and find solutions for customer issues and product problems.
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and engineering expertise.
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, sales, and support teams as well as to the customer base.
- Contribute to documentation and knowledge base article library. Model TallOrder core values: Accountability, Creativity/Resourcefulness, Energy/Passion, Leadership, Integrity/Honesty, Smart/Critical Thinking, Teamwork.
You are employed on a full-time basis and need to be available to customers on weekdays from 8 am until 5 pm. You will also need to be available to customers after hours when it is your shift to be on call or when required. Your hours of work may change according to shifts if and when it is required. Changes to shifts will be communicated to you 24 hours before your shift starts. As a start-up company, there will be times when longer hours are required. The company does not pay overtime, but this is taken into account in performance reviews.
You will be required to work from the office in Paarl for 50% of your time when the company requires. Reliable own transport is a requirement.