JUNIOR SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
Full-time position based in Cape Town (Paarl offices) and Johannesburg. Onsite customer support when needed.
As Junior Technical Support consultant you will be the first line of contact for customers experiencing issues with installation, configuration, operation, and management of TallOrder solutions products and services. You will be the primary point of contact for post-sale customer support, and your role will involve assisting customers via phone, email, and WhatsApp. You will handle a range of queries, from basic “how to” questions to complex debugging and troubleshooting tasks to resolve operational anomalies.
To be successful in this role, you will need to possess strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, as well as the ability to visualize and diagnose problems remotely. You will be responsible for diagnosing and analysing customer issues, and when necessary, escalating them to the engineering team. You will need to effectively communicate technical information to customers and translate internal engineering language into clear directions. Your commitment to customer success and ability to adapt to both support and engineering environments will be crucial.
As a Junior Support Technician, you can expect significant career growth opportunities and the chance to make a real impact in a growing company.
To perform this job successfully, you must be able to work at least 40 hours per week and be on call during your designated shift. You will also be expected to satisfactorily perform the following essential duties. Additional duties may be assigned to meet business needs.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Provide exceptional customer service by responding to phone, e-mail and online, and WhatsApp technical support requests.
- Advocate for customers, ensuring that serviceability and product quality issues are tracked, prioritised, resolved, and incorporated into the product release cycle.
- Provide support to customers throughout their business operations when required.
- Assess and analyse the root cause of issues, gather customer information, and determine the appropriate solutions.
- Identify and escalate priority issues according to client specifications.
- Adhere to standard processes and procedures.
- Promptly escalate any challenges experienced to the Support Manager.
- Regularly report back to the Support Manager as required.
- Stay up to date with software and hardware changes as well as enhancements.
- Assist customers in the installation and integration of TallOrder software and services.
- Track and monitor all support cases to ensure timely resolution and follow-up.
- Clearly identify, document, and find solutions for customer issues and product problems.
- Escalate critical customer situations to the appropriate level of management and engineering expertise.
- Communicate technical issues and solutions to the engineering, QA, sales, and support teams as well as to the customer base.
- Contribute to documentation and knowledgebase article library.
- Model TallOrder core values: Accountability, Creativity/Resourcefulness, Energy/Passion, Leadership, Integrity/Honesty, Smart/Critical Thinking, Teamwork
- Travel to customers’ locations when required for onsite support.
ADDITIONAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and additional responsibilities may be assigned as required.
KEY ATTRIBUTES AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Must have own reliable transport
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must have a Matric certificate and basic IT knowledge
- Must be able to work for extended periods of time
- Position requires patience
- Position requires an analytical and positive thinker
- Must be presentable and well-spoken
- Hospitality and / or Retail experience will be beneficial
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Outstanding interpersonal and leadership skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Critical thinker and problem solver
You need to be available to customers on weekdays from 8 am until 5pm. You will also need to be available to customers after hours when it is your shift to be on call or when required. Your hours of work may change according to shifts if and when required.
As a startup company, there will be times when longer hours are required. The company does not pay overtime, but this is taken into account at performance reviews.
Three months from the start of employment.
Your compensation for this position will consist of a market-related salary.